Monday, August 31, 2009

WTF!

First of all I have to thank Melody Prentice for the tickets to Sunday's Cutler Bowl at Mile high Stadium!  Melody they were great seats and the Mrs., and I had a great time until,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The Denver Broncos took the field.


I had brats, beer, a couple of shots of Tequila, and the opportunity to to scream, and stomp my feet with 76,000 other rabid Bronco fans!  But alas, it did no good. 


Okay, I was trying to hang in there and support my boys, but this shit is ridiculous


Kyle Orton does not have what it takes to be a Denver Bronco. Sure he may be able to play with the PAL leagues 7-9 year olds, but I'm not so sure about  the NFL.


Now I like to think of myself as a guy who knows football. But being completely honest here, I have to admit that my wife Val knows the stats., the players, the plays, the history, and anything else about football. A little known fact about my in-laws is that after taking a hand off in a Thomas Jefferson high school football game, My younger brother in-law Lloyd Day ran it all the way back for a touchdown. And all the while my mother in-law ran the field with him, and spiked her purse in the end zone after the touchdown. Whoo!  Moms!!!!!! That said, I may be the the most blessed man in the world because my wife and mother in-law are avid football fans.


But back to the Broncos. They Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


To my recollection Orton only threw one pass for more than 10 yards. And most of that effort was attributed to number 19, Eddie Royal.  It was so bad that the Chicago defense never played more than 6 or 7 yards off the line of scrimmage. Therefore even the dink and dunk passes weren't going anywhere.


Okay, I'm not an expert on the game of football, but i've seen enough games to know that if you don't have a downfield threat with your quarterback, you don't win.


And ladies and gentlemen we don't have it!


We have a decent defense that if not left on the field for the whole game, may be able to pull off some good plays, and stop the opposing team. We have decent backs, receivers, and linebackers.


Orton may, and I say may be fine to bring in if your number one gets hurt, but by no means is this guy who we need to lead our team. What happened to the 80 yard pass on first down for the very first play of the game?


It's gone. That's what happened to it. We have no way to get our team to play like the Broncos of old. No how! No way!!


I suggest trading Brandon Marshal for Michael Vick. Hey now, Vick has served his time and paid his debt to society. He would bring excitement to Mile High. He would keep the fans in their seats past halftime. On the other hand, Brandon Marshall will probably end up being the guy he is today. A professional football player that beats up on every woman he has ever known, but still will never get the sentence of a Michael Vick for having dog fights!  


You all have a great and blessed day. PEACE!

No comments: